Well, here's yesterday's obamapostasy. Today's Columbus Day, so it might not be until tomorrow Obama scolds me for my shallow fealty and selfishness, my blindness at his obamawesomeness, my traitorously irresponsible threats to not vote this cycle.
Speaking of threats: It's happening (go on, look), but it's still in the very early exploratory stage. I haven't yet discovered all the ways blooger sucks, but tell me, old bloogers, is there a way to set links so they open in a new window? That's one thing typepad does that, as far as I can tell, blooger doesn't. That's not a deal-breaker, and I love the self-updating blogrolls (and if I move I'll be pinging some of you less - though reading new content, of course - because I've been using your self-updating blogrolls as a shortcut) (though the work and aargh of creating those blogrolls, both as a conscientious effort of Kind and as pain-in-the-ass time-wise is both mighty incentive and, subsequently, mighty disincentive). I like I can make photos and youtubes bigger and need break long lines in poems less often. I love that if I can find the poem I'm looking for online (so I don't have to type it) it formats in blooger with none of the grief formatting in typepad causes. I dig the url.
I haven't written about tablets here in a while which by no means means I've stopped writing about tablets. I'm a rube for a new tablet, as if it will make better what I scribble in it. I don't think I've ever gone as long between reformating BLCKDGRD's appearance since I switched to this template three years at least ago. Typepad doesn't allow archiving in an old formats when switching to a new format - if I widened the middle column every Fleabus photo fit for the old format will be too small, line breaks in poems will be fucked. I worry about shit like this. But mostly I'm bored and I have a new tablet.
I'll will cross-post both places for at least a couple of months, but if you're inclined to be Kind, those of you who've blogrolled me, bookmarked me, subscribed to me, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your taking the trouble to move with me.
- Radical pessimist's view of the next ten years.
- See, here's the thing: if Obama had been doing this a year ago instead of a month before an election it wouldn't look like a bullshit election pose.
- Whores, sluts, cunts, bitches.
- I knew this would produce this would produce this.
- Glossy Karl.
- The man with no name.
- Krugman's obamapostasy, stage one.
- I am shocked to learn that Politico has a political agenda.
- What's the difference between Linda McMahon and Larry Flint?
- How to think about Lou Dobbs.
- ICC from the sky.
- Good spot for a soccer stadium.
- I have never been able to finish a Peter Carey novel, though I stopped trying long ago.
- On poetry anthologies. I love American Hybrid.
- Sad news. Good bookstore.
- Coetzee reviews latest Roth.
- What you can buy me for Giftmas.
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Nothing to get pissy about.
- Bad moon rising.
As when a long forgetfulness lifts suddenly, and what we'd forgotten—as we look at it squarely, then again refuse to look—is our own inconsequence, yes, it was mostly like that, sex as both an act of defacement and— as if the two were the same thing—votive offering, insofar as the leaves also were a kind of offering, or could at least be said to be, as they kept falling the way leaves do: volitionless, from different heights, and in the one direction.
Elric moved his stuff out of our basement yesterday and I found three CD racks I hadn't seen the four years and remembered a bunch of bands I hadn't thought of in a while, like this one: