Hah! Stereolab was #164 Kate Bush was #165 and Peter Gabriel was #166 in KEXP's stupid-ass voter countdown of the "greatest artists of all time" as a gimmick for their Fall 2010 Drive (which, fuck it, give to), and I had nothing to do with it, I didn't vote! Hah! The odds they'd be in a row! (I'll post the list if and when KEXP posts it after the countdown, but for now, if you don't believe me, you'll have to go to their playlist and scroll through days and hours....)
As I type this they're down to #128 and still no Peru Ubu. To spare myself an emotional aneurysm when Arcade Fucking Fire is either one, two or three and Pere Ubu doesn't make the list:
Busy, have a few links....
- damp work.
- How to fight.
- Daily obamapostasy.
- Double-daily obamapostasy.
- I'm going to sulk, fucker.
- UPDATE! How bad for the fucker?
- UPDATE! On the above.
- Fire department, take one, take two.
- Obamafucker campaigns for Fucker O'Malley.
- Doublefucker Ehrlich.
- First sentence of a Frederick Post article on the president of the Frederick County Maryland Islamic Society: Counter to stereotype, Mudusar Raza, president of the Islamic Society of Frederick, speaks perfect English. Devious bastard.
- UPDATE! For teachers, especially my loved ones.
- Vargas Llosa wins Nobel. I've read Conversation in the Cathedral and Feast of the Goat and War of the End of the World, all for classes, and they didn't change my world but OK, no complaints.
- Stupid shit that makes him hate.
- Another mention of Coetzee's Dostoyevsky.
- UPDATE! MOE TUCKER, TEA-PARTIER!?! Bwahahaha! Worlds tilt! (As long as it's not Cale in front of that microphone my paradigms are fine, yo.)
- It's not just busy, but Blegsylvania seems to be dying, Kind is still wonderful Kind but unKind wins too often, I'm in conversations of sorts with three friends who've bouts of blogangst, and I'm fighting off another case of bleggalgazing. Hope this cures it. Doubt it.
Breaking the law of man - say, reasonable sanctions
against murder - is OK
as long a God approves it?
Problem is, which means: a man
interprets God, unpacks God's book,
a man insists
other men accept this interpretation.
This happens because
God's expository writing lacks lucidity
and He or His scribes often write sloppily.
He seems torn between tearing
out a sinner's bowels
and bestowing eyeballs
on the eyeball-less. We all know His job
is irksome, ceaseless, everybody knows
His subjects are unprincipled imbeciles,
all of His subjects this way,
all be the ones
who say God says
they are not.
- Thomas Lux