I've got two potential invites to meet for pints by blegfriends coming to DC for the Stewart/Colbert production on the mall, and if I'm in town (we may be away for one last Planet college trip), I'd love to meet up for pints. I should know in couple of weeks if I'll be in town; if yes, I'll work out some logistics. Anyone else potentially coming to town who'd like to potentially meet up for drinks and yap, email.
I've not given a second's thought to attending the rally. I've not given a second's thought until now about the rally. I've no idea what the rally is, what it's meant to achieve, if it's real and a stunt, if it's fake and a stunt. What is it? Not that I'll go.
- Let's do another one just like the other one.
- GOP unveils new powerpoint presentation.
- Reprogrammable killbots.
- Daily obamapostasy.
- Bageant interview (and more).
- UPDATE! Notes on pwogs.
- Howard Kurtz, fuckturd.
- Customer service.
- School work.
- Thoughts on internet identity.
- Maryland no cell-phone while driving law starts this coming Friday. Just an alert - cops will be looking for it.
- No ambulance-fee referendum on ballot.
- Branko! profile. Home game tonight. !wOOt!
- Fear of metaphor, part two.
- Another Freedom review, interesting to me for it's take on obligatory reading.
- Why the Right hates Freedom.
- UPDATE! Merrill. Funny, I was talking with a friend about Merrill just this past week, how my friend gets him and I don't (or I do but not much), how I need try again.
- Kafka's last trial.
- Dominos was one of my favorite songs from 2009.
After a few whiffs of another world
he decided to stay with the stench
or the present: dumpster lids everywhere
rising like cakes, garbage scows
moving in long orderly lines
across the harbor... The olfactory - he loves it
even when it wafts, wracking all points
of the compass. It's always invisible
and takes its directions according to the whimsy
of wind, and fans, or the waves
of a hand. Cave dwellers knew it,
and dogs. The bare smell
of dirt on cabbage, the snow-
on-your-arm smell. Even
in the abstract: fear-smell, like
spit on a knife blade. And
what the worms inhale, and then
the smell of dew on barbed wire, the sweet
think smell of sex, slick,
our lungs giddy and pink with it...
It's not the world which is good or bad
and so we run our noses over everything.
Even the dumb have this sense.