Obamasshole: Now, the second reason I'm telling you this is because Democrats, just congenitally, tend to get -- to see the glass as half empty. (Laughter.) If we get an historic health care bill passed -- oh, well, the public option wasn't there. If you get the financial reform bill passed -- then, well, I don't know about this particularly derivatives rule, I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with that. And gosh, we haven't yet brought about world peace and -- (laughter.) I thought that was going to happen quicker. (Laughter.) You know who you are. (Laughter.) And gosh, no mention of not closing Guantanamo, reducing civil liberties, expanding executive power, reducing transparency, expanding military operations, but since you mentioned it, fuck you on the public option in health care too, you (pints for everyone!) motherfucker.
- Look at the smirk on the above motherfucker. He applauds Obama's speech attacking the Left.
- On what I just wrote about. This is true: I hadn't planned on writing today, but got up, brewed coffee, turned on PC, clicked on YFWP, saw the Stromberg piece, and fuck.
- UPDATE! Greenwald weighed in, brought documentation.
- O! Fuck Joe Biden too. Remember, Obamalame brought him in for his foreign policy expertise. How's that working out?
- The party of some of the people.
- The sub-proletarianization of America.
- Please please please please please please please.
- Can't deal w/reality?
- Smacking D'Souza.
- Ripping Yglesias a new one.
- Wingnuts! featuring good ol' Karlie Rove.
- Spider sense was tingling.
- Thomas Edison High School? I missed that one. Lived in this county for 46 years, have a kid who's a senior in an MCPS high school, have a dear friend who's a teacher in MCPS, am married to a woman who's a teacher in MCPS, I've never heard of Thomas Edison High School.
- Still unclear who will lose to Van Hollen in November.
- Four poems, including Twelve Theses on the Economy of the Dead. (h/t, who you should bookmark or rss).
- Get a real degree. Take One, Take Two.
- Overlooked and underappreciated? Donald Harington.
- Don't forget destination: OUT.
This is the beauty of being alone
towards the end of summer:
a dozen stray animals asleep on the porch
in the shade of my feet,
and the smell of leaves burning
in another neighborhood.
It is late in the morning,
and my forehead is alive with shadows,
some bats rock back and forth
to the rhythm of my humming,
the mimosa flutters with bees.
This is the house of unwritten poems,
this is where I am unborn.
By popular demand: