Have contributions begun flowing again into DNC bank accounts in the two weeks orgy of islamobashing? What if this was Obama's strategy all along (before you laugh, I used to eat this theory) to provoke the motherfucking crackers, christers, grifters, and assholes into such a convulsion of crackerchristergrifterassholosity the motherfucking crackers, christers, grifters, and assholes will be rendered unto electoral insignificance forever and a day, amen? Laugh now.
Yes they are bigots (but so am I), and this mosque bullshit is both a reinforcement of the Red Ant v Black Ant family feud both ant sides love and a training and indoctrination session for the new paradigms of behavior our overlords are installing for the coming oil wars (China ain't getting that Mideast oil) and horrific economic cataclysms our overlords will impose on us so they survive ensconced and fatter.
I serve our overlords when hating the motherfucking crackers, christers, grifters, and assholes with all consuming passion. I'm playing motherfucking George C Scott playing George S Patton observing the dead on a battlefield and wistfully whispering, God, I love it so. Just as I'm supposed to.
- Shitting on political romanticism is fun!
- UPDATE! Too much is real.
- The conservative counter-revolution.
- Five reasons Obama is not like Reagan.
- UPDATE! Boom! I have never been happier to only have four years left on my mortgage, happier to know this is the house I'm going to die in.
- The argument against intellectual property.
- Winning hearts and minds.
- Your Fucking Washington Post.
- UPDATE! Heh! Atrios and Boehner agree!
- On Dr Laura or, Wallace Stevens allusion!
- 53 things to know, do or not do at a small Liberal Arts college.
- UPDATE! On housing and education.
- One dangerous and ambitious motherfucking pig.
- UPDATE! Hey, anyone interested to hear Jerry Weast is retiring?
- Ambulance-fee FAIL!
- UPDATE! Cracker tourist guide to DC!
- Circles and non-circles.
- UPDATE! What I've been saying.
- Horizon of the sentence.
- I hadn't thought about Jerzy Kosinski in fifteen years.
- Franzen review. I'm not planning on reading it, I'm not planning on not reading it.
- Picoult versus the patriarchy.
- Silliman's always generous weekly linkages post.
- Fillmore Silver Spring souring.
- UPDATE! Silver Rocket in my head, be in yours.
- Darkblack's Sunday Overnight.
- New Eno in October!
ODYSSEUS TO TELEMACHUS
My dear Telemachus,
The Trojan War
is over now; I don't recall who won it.
The Greeks, no doubt, for only they would leave
so many dead so far from their own homeland.
But still, my homeward way has proved too long.
While we were wasting time there, old Poseidon,
it almost seems, stretched and extended space.
I don't know where I am or what this place
can be. It would appear some filthy island,
with bushes, buildings, and great grunting pigs.
A garden choked with weeds; some queen or other.
Grass and huge stones . . . Telemachus, my son!
To a wanderer the faces of all islands
resemble one another. And the mind
trips, numbering waves; eyes, sore from sea horizons,
run; and the flesh of water stuffs the ears.
I can't remember how the war came out;
even how old you are--I can't remember.
Grow up, then, my Telemachus, grow strong.
Only the gods know if we'll see each other
again. You've long since ceased to be that babe
before whom I reined in the plowing bullocks.
Had it not been for Palamedes' trick
we two would still be living in one household.
But maybe he was right; away from me
you are quite safe from all Oedipal passions,
and your dreams, my Telemachus, are blameless.