Sweetness, I never forget what a rush a pretty goal and the crowd's BWARG! gives me until the next one surprises me again.
But this was a game between two shitty teams, one building for the future with young but inexperienced talent, the other trying to rescue a lost past with retreads and castaways. One has a brand new stadium and an excited and burgeoning fan base, the other will play next year in RFK to diminishing attendance in quite possibly United's last season in DC.
Vamos United sure and yadda, but which franchise, if you were neutral and picking a team to rube for, would you?
- I like Pablo Hernandez. I'm curious why MLS referees let opponents beat the fuck out of him without sanction. He took a kidney punch in the 73rd that was straight red and the referee either ignored it or ignored it.
- UPDATE! One friend whose opinion I trust says Hernandez is a tall Frank O'Neill, another says referees hate him cause he dives and then expects fucking Americans to respect the integrity of an Argentine footballer. Heh - that would also explain why he's getting punched in his kidneys.
- He was offside on his not-goal.
- Jakovic's best game since the last game his partner in the middle wasn't Carey Talley.
- Which doesn't mean he wasn't next to Julius James, who, no.
- A photo of the top of my hat and some of Landru's head with the traveling Phunion fans in the background. Click, yo.
- Thanks, Bromark.
- The shot was taken before the downpours. I left my United rain-jacket in the car, bought myself a dry new t-shirt at halftime. Your host is a dumbfuck.
- Jaime in around the 81st to meek applause, he almost scored on a bender either just before or after the 90th.
- Dying franchise, yo.
- Benny did come 2/3rds over after his TV interview to thank us. Thank you, Benny.
- I want to say Hi! to whomever reads me at MacFarlane Partners! Please tell who you report to that United should let us bring a liter of water in on mid-summer midday games like they've let us for years until today, OK?
- UPDATE! Posted for no greater or lesser reason than it's in my head and needs to be in yours.
An excellent time as always. Next home game Wednesday August 31 September 1 against Columbus in USOC semifinal. I'm told I might have access to two tickets, which would then cost you nothing. Will know by this Tuesday. I'm hoping I don't, but I'm looking at the usual suspects if I do.
Updates, edits, links, later. Or not.