Programming notes: Another week of college visits, leaving this Sunday to visit Oberlin on Monday, Kenyon on Tuesday, then to middle upstate New York to see Ithaca and Hamilton Wednesday and Thursday (and if possible - it'll be tight, I'm hoping if not hopeful - for a beer or two with blegfriend Frederick, who put these awesome photos in my google reader today) and then Allegheny on Friday.
Don't know what kind or how much blegging there will be (though there will be blegging of course; I'm hopelessly incapable of stopping). I hope to spend driving time thinking about the implications of the contents of that last parenthesis.
- Breaking the goddamned rules (II)
- Beware the progressive agenda.
- Alternatives would be worse, it is said....
- UPDATE! Consider yourself scolded!
- No obamapostasy for Krugman yet, but it will be awesome.
- UPDATE! Double-dip Silber day - on Krugman.
- Fucking Democrats.
- Related to the above.
- UPDATE! Before pwogs piss themselves in glee at Anthony Weiner's take down of supreme asshole Peter King, they should remember Weiner is an pro-Israel superhawk.
- UPDATE! Fish + barrel + gun.
- Without racism, soldiers would realize....
- Strange cargo.
- Dangerously ambitious Virginia pig.
- DMV? No.
- Kensington crisis!
- Ehrlich = asshole.
- Sniper lied to Shatner?
- The shadow cast by writing.
- Poetry best sellers list?
- Orwell and the tea-party.
- Dostoyevsky on politics and personal vanity.
- The erudite Mr Wood, part one, part two.
- Ethan is working through his music collection in alphabetical order, and holyfuck, Babe Ruth?
- I remember buying that at Sights and Sounds, sifting seeds on it. It must be in my basement somewhere.
- Guilty pleasure just put in my head.
- Why the fuck is Fleet Foxes on my radio?
- This too.
- UPDATE! Guilty pleasure.
- Midnight Tempo (II).
TEAR IT DOWN
We find out the heart only by dismantling what
the heart knows. By redefining the morning,
we find a morning that comes just after darkness.
We can break through marriage into marriage.
By insisting on love we spoil it, get beyond
affection and wade mouth-deep into love.
We must unlearn the constellations to see the stars.
But going back toward childhood will not help.
The village is not better than Pittsburgh.
Only Pittsburgh is more than Pittsburgh.
Rome is better than Rome in the same way the sound
of raccoon tongues licking the inside walls
of the garbage tub is more than the stir
of them in the muck of the garbage. Love is not
enough. We die and are put into the earth forever.
We should insist while there is still time. We must
eat through the wildness of her sweet body already
in our bed to reach the body within the body.