What Garry Wills doesn't understand is that Obama may seek advice but he takes orders.
Garry Wills: what a self-serving and ignoble shitsmear. What an ignorant and sanctimonious shitsmear. After a year of his tortured self-martyrdom biting his tongue (while cravenly waiting for another audience with Obama), the ignorant motherfucker still thinks that if he'd only ratted out Obama a year ago his brave fart would have altered history's trajectory.
Wills is worrying about his legacy. He's shittier than the shittiest autoblegographer, and I should know!
- Any questions? The Obama administration is seeking to make it easier for the FBI to compel companies to turn over records of an individual's Internet activity without a court order if agents deem the information relevant to a terrorism or intelligence investigation.
- Where are the Left's anti-war protests?
- Beltway liberalism in 24 words. I've been saying what Yglesias said - that as shitty as the economy is, our overlords believe (or pretend) it would truly crater without permanent war - I just haven't been saying it approvingly.
- More Jensen.
- Krugman's obamapostasy is going to be awesome.
- Sheepskin bubble.
- Perhaps McArdle deserves the constantly increasing pillorying, though I wonder if she was a he people would enjoy it so much.
- UPDATE! Re: this comment on the above speculation: Kill that Woman. I'm not saying McArdle isn't awful; I'm wondering why people enjoy bitchslapping her more than equally awful others. I mean, TBogg gets positively twitchy at the prospect.
- We are so fucked.
- We are so fucked.
- It's been eight years since the snipers. I pumped gas yesterday at the Shell on the corner of Connecticut and Knowles where one of the first victims was shot. I looked at the pay vacuum where she was shot, thinking there's no plaque, no reminder. Then today the story - serendipity abounds in clusterfucks.
- Death sentence for the fuckers. I'll do it.
- Josipovici slams Rushdie, McEwan, Barnes, and...Roth.
- Simply awesome.
- Essay on novels.
- UPDATE! Holyfuck, ear-candy!
- Host of Seraphim.
- UPDATE! Sad eyes.
FAUX SELF-PORTRAIT OF YOU
You are a very uneven person.
You, on the other hand, the one with not quite
five fingers, are a very uneven person.
Look me in the eye I say with conviction and say
you are a person of complete unevenness.
I look away to look for the surface of something
whose unevenness is its main attraction.
Very uneven person, I address you haphazardly,
you are a patchy, jerky lurcher.
You are nonuniform. You are subsubsubstantial,
I say to you of the fluctuating essence of uneven-
ness. No, I say, I am not a triangle, I do not
fit in the corner. I am an uneven piece of furn-
iture. There is a sirocco in you today.
You are a difficult table. Anything that rolls
rolls of of you almost immediately.
You're not good for a broken string of beads,
Is this not so I say uneven person that you are.
I look down to watch the beads roll where the floor
leans. An odd lullaby passes through my hair.