And it plays in Columbus Saturday night still boškovićless as Branko can't play until July 15, so midfielders are auditioning fighting for minutes. I hope the difference between World Cup play third round and MLS after not playing for two weeks is or isn't as stark as I think it will be?
I wrote earlier in the week that D.C. was ranked second out of the 56 metered U.S. markets in ESPN/ABC World Cup ratings
through Sunday's games. The combined ESPN/ABC ratings in this market
were a 3.5, translating to about 81,000 households, not including the
Spanish-language broadcasts. That was behind only Miami.
Oh, they will.
It's takes, on all parties, an immense effort of greed, stupidity and prideful assholosity to make professional soccer fail in Washington DC.
Elric and Bromark, call your mother today.
Three bleg notes: Yes, the link color and quotation colors have changed. I know I can't use the yellow for first links because it can't be read in readers, but I hate that orange, so I'm going to see if I hate that green less, and to my old eyes, the brighter blue is better for distinguishing quotations. Meh.
Second, I've given myself permission to not feel coerced into adhering to the sillyass format laws for posts I've imposed on myself. I'll see how long that lasts.
Last, to those who've blegrelled me recently, thanks for the Kind. I think I've reciprocated with everyone, but if you're Kinding me and I'm not you, please send me an email and, as long as you're not running a bleg that's a front for a pharmaceutical company or some weird-ass NASA bleg in India, as long as we're copacetic, I'll return the Kind.
- Special form of the general law.
- UPDATE! The future of digital capitalism.
- Case study in organization violence.
- We will have waited too long.
- Annals of self-involvement.
- Fuckers, one and all.
- UPDATE! Well, this was predictable: pussy blames media for reporting the pussy called Obama a pussy.
- Pastor Sanctimonious hearts Obama.
- UPDATE! Your Fucking Washington Post.
- UPDATE! What Obama should have said.
- Self-editing access sycophants.
- Termination notice.
- Yow! Good riddance.
- UPDATE! America First?
- I stand corrected: "They will face Ghana in the Round of 16 on Saturday, and should they win, they will go on to face the winner of the Uruguay-South Korea match in the quarterfinals." I had thought and said USMNT would face winner of Mexico/Argentina if they beat Ghana.
- UPDATE! Portugal v Brazil was for shit.
- UPDATE! On the Portuguese.
- UPDATE! Fuck Spain, motherfucking rdivers.
- UPDATE! Landru emails: "We actually have to board the fucking airplane at the end of the first fucking half tomorrow. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." Doh!
- UPDATE! Because nothing says take your fucking case of Turtle Wax and get the fuck of the stage like RINGTONE!
THE DOG STOLTZ