As part of the operations, Obama approved a Dec. 24 strike against a compound where a U.S. citizen, Anwar al-Aulaqi, was thought to be meeting with other regional al-Qaeda leaders. Although he was not the focus of the strike and was not killed, he has since been added to a shortlist of U.S. citizens specifically targeted for killing or capture by the JSOC, military officials said.
Om. If pigshit is immoral, chickenshit is amoral. Discuss with yourself which is worse, a worthless exercise whose effect on the life of me and mine and you and yours is as zero as the damn I pretend not rubbing is heroic.
Blegsylvania's getting quieter, not just political blegs, but music blegs, lit blegs, local and mofo blegs too. Maybe it's January, maybe it's work, maybe it's tweeter and fecebook and temblr. Maybe it's disillusionment and embarrassment and depression. Maybe it's no fun to ridicule pig immorality while confronting Dem chickenshittery. Maybe the realization that the trolley to Bananamerica is rolling down hill and has no brakes other than the crash, that it's gonna take decades to finally crash, and the ride's going to be as slow and painful as bleeding to death from a bullet in the gut, and where's the fun reading about that, thinking about that, writing about that?
It may be roobish to be despondent when I should be celebrating my twelfth trial separation from the Democratic Party - and I mean it this time - but fuck, I've always been the loud and foul-mouthed Jeremiah seeking false abysses and screaming screeds, but I never, old idiot, thought them futile to me until now.
I am a weathervane, and the muffle I'm feeling everywhere is the suffocating realization the picnic we were promised - the picnic we promised our kids - will be shittier next year and the year after that and each successive year hence until the picnics finally stop.
- UPDATE! "A day after bashing lobbyists, President Barack Obama’s administration has invited K Street insiders to join private briefings on a range of topics addressed in Wednesday’s State of the Union. The Treasury Department on Thursday morning invited selected individuals to “a series of conference calls with senior Obama administration officials to discuss key aspects of the State of the Union address.”
- UPDATE! Is this true? Odds Democrats seize opportunity?
- UPDATE! The dumbfuck Obama needs to fire. Will he?
- Priorities. He's a question: Mr Geithner, are you saying that if you hadn't done exactly as your overlords at AIG demanded, they would have allowed the United States to slide into Depression rather than do anything they didn't want to?
- Has, um, the Liberal Media - or the fucking DNC, or the fucking President - ran with the South Carolina pig who said welfare recipients are not better than stray animals? (As I type this, it's one hour before the SOTU: if Obama mentioned it - this won't post until post-SOTU - I might have to angle for a thirteenth trial separation from Democrats. No worries.)
- Casa Stephanopoulos pretty much explains everything about your Liberal Media.
- Woman bit by cobra in Baltimore County parking lot! Fucking native Maryland cobras.
- Get your Marion Barry Words of Wisdom pins!
- RIP Howard Zinn. More.
- UPDATE! On Nina Powers and Feminism.
- Don't know what it's worth (UMBC makes the list), but the Top 200 most visited university websites.
- What's "experimental fiction" to today's young?
- Planet gets to read Heart of Darkness, I'm going to read along - Hey, MOCO high school English teacher, any suggestions on what I should focus on (and exclude) when she asks me what I think?
- Trials of the NBCC!
- New Robert Hass poem.
- UPDATE! Playpower.
- Toward a Theory of Surprise.
- Tim Parks reviews new Coetzee. (sub rqrd)
- Greatest award speech ever?
- Holyshit, check out all the new releases!
- Today's Listening Assignment.
- Today's Listening Assignment.
- Moka's Top 200, part 8.
FOR THE ANNIVERSARY OF MY DEATH
Every year without knowing it I have passed the day
When the last fires will wave to me
And the silence will set out
Like the beam of a lightless star
Then I will no longer
Find myself in life as in a strange garment
Surprised at the earth
And the love of one woman
And then shamelessness of men
As today writing after three days of rain
Hearing the wren sing and the falling cease
And bowing not knowing to what