News breaking re: American torturers staged mock executions with pistols and power drills and yawn. Dostoyevsky survived a mock execution that triggered the epileptic fits that plagued him the rest of his crappy, unhappy life, but that miserable motherfucker wrote dense and massive classics that, with turgid polemic masquerading as moral complexity, defended and justified the very orthodoxy of the fucks who mock executed him. Bitchez.
ODB mocks my incomplete obamapostasy as every single one of you should, because while Obama will disappoint in every manner we expected I can't get past the illusion he's not as vile as his opposition. Obama could call for the reenslavement of not only America's full-blooded niggers but expand to enslave the dirty wetbacks too, and Pig-Americans would decry Obama's hesitancy to enact celebratory lynchings as socialistic fascism, pussified marxism, proof of raging hitlerism and latent racist hatred of white folk.
Jeebus fuck I'm a rube.
Inherent Vice, pg 119:
Doc was in the toilet pissing during a commercial break when he heard Sauncho screaming at the television set. He got back to find his attorney just withdrawing his nose from the screen.
"Aah...." collapsing on the couch, "Charlie the fucking Tuna, man."
"It's all supposed to be so innocent, upwardly mobile snob, designer shades, beret, so desperate to show he's got good taste, except he's also dyslexic so he gets 'good taste' mixed up with 'taste good,' but it's worse than that! Far, far worse! Charlie really has this, like, obsessive death wish! Yes! he, he wants to be caught, processed, put in a can, not just any can, you dig, it has to be StarKist! suicidal brand loyalty, man, deep parable of consumer capitalism, they won't be happy with anything less than drift-netting us all, chopping us up and stacking us on the shelves of Supermarket America, and subconsciously the horrible thing is, is we want them to do it..."
"Saunch, wow, that's..."
"It's been on my mind. And another thing. Why is there Chicken of the Sea, but no Tuna of the Farm?"
- Dirty Fucking Hippies.
- Dirty Fucking Hippies. Redux.
- Portrait of an Obamaholic.
- American Psychos.
- Diversity as enemy of equality.
- Equal before the flaw.
- This ass starts a column ostensibly praising HRC as more than her stereotypes with this sentence: When it comes to Hillary Rodham Clinton, we're missing the forest for the pantsuits.
- Stupid but effective.
- Nietzsche and Helmetball.
- KFC gives you Gomorrah for your money.
- Blogs, Forms, and Sense.
- Inherent Vice review. I finished it yesterday, want to think about it more before (and if) saying anything. Enjoyed it, laughed, but need to think about it more. But it is in part a manual on how to live sanely (and hopefully safely) in a universe of fucked, fucked left to right, fucked top to bottom, fucked in and out.
- On Vollmann's Imperial. More from me later. Or not.
- Fear of Music.
- Today's Listening Assignment.
- 60s French Girl Groups!
- Today's Listening Assignment.
- Funny, I hadn't seen this when I posted a Wedding Present song a few days ago.
- Today's Listening Assignment. Jeebus, I'm predictable.
BERKELEY IN A TIME OF PLAGUE
Plague took us and the land from under us,
Rose like a boil, enclosing us within.
We waited and the blue skies writhed awhile
Becoming black with death.
Plague took us and the chairs from under us,
Stepped cautiously while entering the room
(We were discussing Yeats); it paused awhile
Then smiled and made us die.
Plague took us, laughed, and reproportioned us,
Swelled us to dizzy, unaccustomed size.
We died prodigiously; it hurt awhile
But left a certain quiet in our eyes.