Work with me here: most in Rich's Sunday column is true, true, true and so what?
What say Obama not only knew in advance Israel's long-planned attacks in Gaza, he approved and encouraged the attacks happen now, before the start of Obama's term? What if the Israelis said to Obama, sooner or later, you pick?
Just as likely Israel is solidifying it's bargaining position vis a vis Obama, and even more likely Israel doesn't give a flying fuck about America so secure they perceive their oomph as a third-rail, but if Obama will sell out his most loyal loyalists to please everyone who hates his most loyal loyalists, he wouldn't sell out progressives pushing for a more just Middle East truce to keep from pissing on the third rail called Israel?
Sigh. I'm in that vile mood when I can't decide who's more dangerous, the feeble who can't conceive of systems or the deluded who think they can.
- Proof Oprah is a dope. And - Animated Treacle.
- I don't know if Samuel Huntington was an evil bastard, but his work provided cover for cheetos-eating chicken-pigs.
- Bob Herbert says he's stupid, Robert Samuelson says he's stupid, which is their way of telling you you're stupid especially if you were saying smart things all along.
- Dunkirk Syndrome.
- Get a speeding ticket in Moco on a road you never drove on?
- Imagine Wheaton.
- Elric and Bromark, see what strikes you as !!! in this.
- UPDATE: That flattering offer I mentioned? is up.
- Today's corpse:
Actually, this one too
because it reminds me, Howard once had buzz, yes?
- Dan's got a batch of good links.
- New Wilbur poem.
- 2009 fiction releases of note.
- Bonnie Prince Billy profiled.
When was the last time you thought of Cocteau Twins?