Yesterday on ATC speculation on the sudden sloppiness of Obamacamp, renowned for discipline, suddenly leaking in crippling ways, and to be honest, such obamawe I have for his superior games-playing skills, I assumed the leaks were deliberate and the task wasn't to ask why the leaks but what the leaks signified.
But what if this is a stumble? Obama stumbled in the primaries and stumbled in the general election campaign, adjusted to new circumstances, learned the old rules, wrote a few new rules, kicked ass. I'm still awaiting my pints.
He's a scary motherfucker, yes, the best gamesplayer of this generation. He's betting that he's better than you at what you're best at, and I'm not betting again him.
I won't be happy with the brutally efficient corporatist empire he builds (though I'll live happily and relatively guilt free it in, sacrificing none of my comforts in protest of American narco-policy in Colombia), but I'll be fascinated watching him get there.
- All advancement starts with giving fools tools, seeing which fools aren't fools and promoting them to tools who then develop new tools to test the next batch of fools.
- I thought I was dark.
- Rapture Index?
- More Libertarian slam-dancing.
- Baconnaise! (h/t Fritz)
- Girded loins and first sentences.
- No one could have guessed a Dream Pop junkie like me would like this band. Lots.
- More pictures of Paradise.
More links later. Probably. Maybe not.
My head, your head, one of my five from last year (and most beautiful video of that year):